Monday, April 28, 2008

Extreme Makeover-ALD Communications Blog AND StaffNet

Okay, so EXTREME may be a stretch.

Thanks for all six of you who commented on my first blog posting! How exciting. I got great feedback about the Blogging Guidelines AND about the color of the ALD Communications Blog. Many of you stated that the colors made the blog too difficult to read. If people aren't able to read the COMMUNICATIONS blog, that is a problem. Therefore, I have updated the colors but have stuck with the dominant blue theme. No strategic reason for that...I just like blue.

Also, you may have read in StaffNet that beginning Monday, May 5th, StaffNet will have a fresh, new look! In the spirit of spring, I have decided to upgrade the software. One of the many benefits of this upgrade is the option to change the entire color scheme of StaffNet.

If you have a favorite color that you would like me to consider for StaffNet, let me know by posting your suggestion to this blog. Someone suggested changing the StaffNet colors every few months to reflect the seasons-that is a fun idea!

Although the colors will be different, the functionality will remain the same. Also, this upgrade should not have any impact on the majority of staff, including individuals who maintain and update department pages.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait for the new look. Love the new colors on your blog too...

I like the idea of changing up the colors seasonally!

Anonymous said...

A question/comment about the new StaffNet. I was noticing that there are words and phrases that are links, but that they are not readily apparent because they are not underlined or a different color.

Also, is there a way we can change our settings to view in a larger font size?

jsherrick said...

Monica, thanks for your post and comments about the StaffNet colors (links). You are right on! Check out my latest blog post and StaffNet. Hopefully the colors are better!